Saturday, May 23, 2009

Why...

must life be such a pain one minute and joy the next?

Ok, so life has gone on like normal for the most part.

A week ago I see some surprising changes in Dan. He's more helpful and not so gloomy and down in the dumps(remember, he's got depression/anxiety disorder) and he wants to better himself. He apologized for not being the man I married,etc. Things Ive been waiting to see and hear from him forever!

Its been amazing and I shared a bit of that with some ladies Ive been chatty/friendly with for 4 yrs now. What happened taught me to not share so much which makes me sad.

One of the ladies got disgusted by stuff Dan had not tended to in a while that I mentioned he finally did and asked me to help remind him about,etc. She continued to wig on me despite what I said. Wondered if the kids and I took care of those things and she didnt understand why I wasnt grossed out by it. For a while I thought she was kidding but then it became evident she wasnt. So I asked her why she felt so "outraged" by it all when it had NOTHING to do with her or her life,etc. She then decided to tell me all she hated about me and my family and how lacking she found me when it came to certain things.

So, after a bit more than 4 yrs of being a member of that group and being a friend(so I thought) I left the group. I will not return.

Most of the ladies were on my Facebook page and I took that particular lady off my friends list that very day. The others I waited on to see what would be said, if anything, since the "attacker" and I were the only one on the board most of the day. I got 2 messages from 2 different ladies explaining how they found it bad what the "attacker" had done and inappropriate and they wished me well and hoped I would know they didnt all feel that way and that the other lady should have gone about it differently,etc.

The other ladies, although make comments on my daily wall sayings, have not mentioned the incident. Im a bit upset that these supposed friends havent come to my defense or said something to me like the 2 other ladies did but alas...such is the way of "true" friendship. Im sure they've forgiven the "attacker" and called me immature for leaving and all that. I know how they work....Im sure Ive become the bad one and that everything the "attacker" said was true even if she did go about saying it in the wrong way.

Ya, Im still a bit pissed about it all but whatever. I know my real friends and I know they understand why I feel the way I do on certain subjects and I know they get that some things people tend to do naturally becomes harder when you are depressed,etc. So those little things that we take for granted are BIG to them so when they start working on getting past it...it IS a HUGE deal and should be celebrated!

So we are BBQ'ing tomorrow with Dans brother and SIL. Those are our plans!

No comments: