Saturday, June 20, 2009

Its Finally Over...

my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that is.

It took 2 years but someone finally pulled their head out and completed the paperwork for us.
All it took was a sarcastic letter to my supposed visiting teacher(who only sent photocopies of the months lessons and not even a handwritten note from her...ya way to care lady).

But its done, we are officially O U T and Im at peace. I was a bit nervous and felt like something had been untied from around me for the first day but now...well I still feel like something was untied but Im at peace.

Its a nice feeling but I realize it will be a stab in the heart of my entire family if they find out not only did I leave the church but got my name removed as a member as well. They will never get it and all hell would break loose Im sure but its my life, not theirs.

Thankfully, they arent talking to me really at this point so that wont be an issue and Id probably never bring it up anyway. Now lets hope the church doesnt take it into their own hands to try and get me back by telling my family.

Ah well, next phase of life is continuing w/o the church and its strings.

No comments: