Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reunion & A Vent

So we had the reunion with another of Dans brothers this past weekend.

M came up with his wife K and their son, B. It was a crowded couple of days in my home. Never had that many people visiting LOL. It was a good time though. Dan was soooo happy and we all got along well,etc.

In August the last brother, also the youngest one, will be here to get married so we will have a reunion then. Im kind of hoping to do a Christmas in August type deal if possible. Since its been nearly 11 yrs I think a Christmas altogether would be great, especially since it wont be possible for everyone to be together in December.

We shall see.

Now for my vent....
In November I had the falling out with my mother and told her no contact at that time. I just had so much hurt going on I didnt want to say something I couldnt take back that would make things unfixable. Perhaps, to her, I already had....I dont know and dont care. She needed to hear my feelings about her and how she's been treating us and she said some hateful and hurtful things that she will never take back.


Nonetheless, in January I decided the boys shouldnt be seperated fully from their grandmother as they knew her and loved her. So I figured they could "write" to her i.e. me write their words. So we wrote her a letter and the boys, especially my oldest, were thrilled. Keep in mind that the mail only takes 2 days to get from here to there, maybe 3 if things are weird. I waited for a return letter figuring she would reply to the grandbabies she swore she loved and adored and only wanted the best for,etc.

Valentines week, I get cards from my grandmother for the boys and one shows up for Devinn from my mother. Where are the ones for the older two?? Do they exist? Is she being mean? What?

Oh wait...thats right, she was at my sisters house, the one she prefers to spend all her time with. So ok, I let it go that she didnt reply before leaving for sisters house.

Well, Valentines came and went and there were no cards in the mail that day either. The Monday after Valentines, they showed up. Boys were ecstatic. There was no real letter response but it was obvious, as she sent them in the first place, she knew she could now send them cards and letters. All she said in them was to eat lots of candies and have a good day and hoped my oldest was excited and getting ready for Kindergarten.

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL. They wrote her front and back filled paper and she gives them 1/2-1 paragraphs.

So I figure, better than nothing and we go on. They send her a thank you letter and write more later that week.

We have yet to recieve anything from her.

Now, you might blame work or other activities but I know thats not the case. She works 1/2 days and the only thing she does is a once a month church duty and visits with my grandparents(either them to her place or her to theirs). Occasionally something else like helping my sis if sick or whatnot.

There is NO way she doesnt have 15 mins to sit and write a letter within a day of her getting theirs and getting it out the next day. NONE WHATSOEVER!!!

I dont know what to do, keep having them write letters that will never be returned or just stop and let her drown in her own pity. My dad(parents divorced 18 yrs ago)said he'd love letters and would respond so I think Ill have them start writing him instead and let mom go for the time being but it makes me angry that she cant let whatever she's feeling go for the boys sake.

BAH, it shouldnt be this way.

No comments: